W. P. Conolly
was the architect of this small red brick building. The site cost £4500
and the building £2765. Its official opening was delayed because of the
illness of the Reverend J. P. Carney. On 30 November 1941, Archbishop
Mannix blessed and opened the church. A painting of Our Lady of Dolours
over the altar was the work of a nun at Sacre Coeur in Malvern.
It is now a
Chapel of Ease and is part of Sacred Heart parish.