Duke of Devonshire Hotel 1866 1940s

46 St Kilda Rd (High Street), corner Octavia Street, St Kilda
MEL: 58 C8

 

John E Ellis, a china and glass dealer was the original licensee in 1866 until his insolvency in 1868. During the 1940s, it was converted into the Highfield Court Guest House. It is currently the site of Xanghai Chinese Restaurant.

 

 

 

PDF Version